ScanTechas been involved in numerous New Zealand and international research projects in alpine and polar regions. These have included;
- Mapping of Antarctic ice thickness, bedrock topography and glacial structure as part of the ITASE project (NZ)
- Crevasse detection, McMurdo ice shelf
- Glacial lake research using sonar and GPR
- Measurements of the thickness of temperate glacial ice and moraine
- Airborne GPR (35MHz)
- Gravitational measurements on glaciers
35MHz GPR Image showing bedrock topography and isochrones to 300m depth, Evans Piedmont Glacier, 2002. (NZ ITASE)
400MHz Crevasse Image.
400MHz GPR Image, McMurdo Ice Shelf, Antarctica.